Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Loss...

Remember I told you about the woman who had a severe brain injury and had to learn how to LIVE all over again (see here)? Her mother passed away...

I am emotional - I am heart-broken for her and her family. I am angry. I see my babies and want to hold them, I want to remind them that I will always be here, even though I truly might not be. I want to sit next to my mom and have her stroke my head...but I'll settle for sitting here and listening to her breathe on the other end of the phone.

The funeral is tomorrow, and I cannot bring myself to go. It should be a private moment, and I don't want to be there, a distraction, while this amazing, inspiring woman tells her mother "bye" for the last time...I cry just sitting here typing it.

I'm sending her a card...just to let her know that she and her family are in my thoughts and in my prayers...

"In our hearts, we all know that death is a part of life. In fact, death gives meaning to our existence because it reminds us how precious life is."

1 comment:

Angela Sulik said...

So sorry for the loss.