Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thank You and Happy Birhday

It's been a busy couple of weeks! Last weekend DH took me dancing at a night club! "Mr. I Don't Dance" danced, something we haven't done for almost eleven years. We were a little nervous when we first got there, dressed like young teenagers and pretending to be wallflowers...after awhile, and a few drinks, we were on the dance floor proving that a mother of two and her husband can shake their groove thangs. The amazing part? Neither one of suffered from a heart attack or needed oxygen afterwords. Although, both of us did complain the following day that our calves, thighs, low backs and sides hurt more than we remembered. We had a GREAT time! (Note - take Motrin before bed next time to lessen the muscle pain...)

The weekend before? We went to Ventura for the Car and Bike Show. Beautiful weather, great cars. After the show we walked to the beach, chased the waves, found a crab, and then decided to splurge at Joe's Crab Shack. Again, we had a great time. We can't wait to go back to the beach.
So, da-da-da-dah! Here are the cards I made for this week:

The first one, is for a very sweet, dear woman. I work in a law office and I specialize in personal injury. A case I'm working on is regarding a woman who was hit by a vehicle at high speed, was given a very poor future plan, and, by the Grace of God alone...she has made a miraculous recovery. I can't go into details, however, let me tell you, where doctors have thought she would not be able to function like the woman she was before - she has proven them wrong. Watching her improve on a daily basis is literally watching a miracle take place. She reminds me every day that I must be thankful for whatever life throws at me, because it all can be taken away in a heartbeat. ANYWAY, she has taken to providing the staff with homemade treats...and this was the Thank You card I made to show her how much I appreciate her thinking of us.


Stamp Set: Sweet Stems, Matchbox Messages
Paper: Tea Party DSP, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Certainly Celery
Tools/Embellishments: So Saffron, Dimensionals, Scallop Edge, Circle Scissor Plus

This second card is for a co-worker who has been a great motivation to me. She has been supportive of my card making and was very impressed with the improvements I've made. So am I.
Stamp Set: Hero Arts Clear Design Cupcake Set,
Paper: Candy Cane DSP, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Basic Black
Tools/Embellishments: Silver Brads, Word Window, Silver Glitter Copic, Pink Paislee Pixee Stix in Bubble Gum (not SU!)

Oh, and here is a picture of the crab we found while walking on the beach...I absolutely cannot wait to have another day away with my family.

No comments: