Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April's Challenge

It's the end of the month already, can you believe it? I can't. We have been rushing around doing Kindergarten registration and all the appointments: doctors and dentists. Plus, there is Preschool graduation preparation and end of year field trips - nerve wracking. Plus, now is the time to prepare for summer. Last summer DD went to art camp and it was a little pricey...this year she wants to attend again and I've been saving for it since Christmas in hopes of not causing too much damage to my budget: Mission Accomplished. I checked this week on the registration to ensure the class was still going and not another victim of the Economy and...(drum roll here...) they lowered the price! So, I have a few bucks left over. Quite proud of myself but it's going to stay in savings just in case something comes up during the summer.

Anyway - the point: This month's challenge was to be Bunnies. I was quite excited initially because it gave me a great excuse to order two C.C. Designs stamp sets: Hunny Bunny and Kisses & Hugs. Absolutely adorable. However, LIFE happened, and by the time I got to my challenge projects - I entered into it half-hearted. I am pleased with the outcome but know that I could have done A LOT better. Either way: I hope you enjoy what came in.

First, is my mom's cards. She does amazing things considering she is as gimpy as I am...you will see. I am trying to get her to use brighter colors...one step at a time.
(I love the butterfly, making a small entrance on the card...)
Next is Bonnie. I have been told that she absolutely adores Bunnies.
And last, is mine. I used the Summer Mat Stack and picked out some bright colors for the card. I used a layout that I found in the back of the May CardMaker, my Circle Scissors Plus, the word window punch, and dimensionals. I envisioned something else and this is what came out. By the time I started I had already received Bonnie's card and my mom's and was feeling a little pressure to get my projects done. Lesson: DON'T RUSH!!
I also altered a notebook I found in the dollar bins at Michael's. I wrapped it in Tea Party DSP, Certainly Celery and Almost Amethyst paper, Basic Black Ink and a little Pretty In Pink, used my Scallop Oval and Regular Oval Nestabilities, and added a So Saffron Ribbon for a place holder. After all the measuring and cutting and ripping and eventually throwing away two attempts, I figured out that SCS has a tutorial on how to make your own. Oh, the frustration I could have saved! But, it did turn out pretty cute!


May is a Forrest Theme. I'm interested to see what comes out of our heads this month...

No comments: