Sunday, June 28, 2009

Graduation Owl

My son graduated preschool this year. *sniff* *sniff* I still get a little teary eyed - he is my baby...and he is growing up so quickly!

Here is my "baby" - at the first of many graduations.


Here he is again, showing off a Graduation Owl that he helped make with various punches. We taped lollipops to them and handed them out to his classmates. He was very proud of himself, and I was quite impressed that he left the lollipops attached when he handed them out. He has been known to hide out in the pantry, the bathroom, even the coat closet, to eat his favorite snacks.


We used the Scallop Circle punch, the 1 3/4" circle punch, Round Tab punch, Heart to Heart Punch, the 5 Petal Flower punch (we initially just folded a piece of paper and cut it but decided to switch to the 5 Petal after playing around), the Small Tag Punch, the Word Window punch, the 1/2" Circle Punch, and a standard hole punch (from an office supply store??).

I enjoyed making this owl with my son, he requires a little more direction and a lot of independent hands-on time in order to keep his attention...we stayed up late to make them, drank chocolate milk, and really got some good bonding time in. He bragged to his sister in the morning that he stayed up past bedtime, had chocolate milk and got to use almost all of the punches...small individual moments that don't come too often are huge prizes in our house...I'm glad I remembered to take a picture.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." Pablo Picasso

No comments: