Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Cards

So today was Teacher Appreciation Day. I made some cards with my Cheap Talk stamp set, and Oval Alls. At first, I only anticipated making cards for DD's fourth grade teacher and DS's preschool teacher. But then, at the last minute...DD decides she wants to give something to her afterschool tutor. So, her morning teacher received two of three different designs, and everyone else only received 1 of each design. Each one also received a note card with a small note from me, thanking them for all they have done, all their patience (especially with DS), and that we are so happy to have them as part of our lives. I'm not sure of any of DD's teacher's reactions, but DS's teacher started to cry...she said that sometimes she just feels like no one appreciates what she does, that she feels like we, the parents, think of her as only a babysitter. UGH!!! So not what I want her to think! She has to deal with my child, and seven others, every day. She has taught them their colors and shapes, their letters and numbers, the days of the week, the months of the year, the weather, and the Pledge of Allegiance. I have to do something more for her...the last thing I want for the people that I entrust with my babies, is to make them feel like I don't appreciate everything that they do for me.

I hope that you remembered to thank the teachers in your lives. They do such an enormous job, for usually very little compensation, and apparently, not very much thanks.


Paper: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss and Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set: Cheap Talk
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss-like brads (thanks Mom!)
Paper: Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point and Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss
Stamp Set: Cheap Talk
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip and Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set: Cheap Talk
Accessories: Scallop Oval and Oval Nestabilities, square Chocolate Chip-like brads (thanks, again, Mom!)
Paper: SU! Notecards, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Lovely Lilac
Stamp Set: Oval Alls (from the mini Occassions Catalog)
Accessories: Adhesive Gemstone from Hero Arts
Here are pictures of the two stamp sets that I used, Cheap Talk and Oval Alls. I could not pass up on Cheap Talk and Oval Alls is one of those all-encompassing stamp sets that can help get you through the year.

No comments: