Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that your day went as well as can be expected.

As a mom, I've learned not to have a lot of expectations for this "holiday". Someone still has to cook, someone still has to do laundry, someone has to clean the kitchen...and apparently I'm the only one that knows how to do anything like that.

But today, today was different. I woke up to my daughter telling me it was time to wake up, I needed to go to the kitchen right away. A statement like that...and I wonder what is wrong. Do I need to hurry? No, put your robe on. Okay. So whatever it is already is done...like the whole gallon of milk that is probably done spilling, and is just spreading to somewhere unreachable. Or, how about my son cutting his bangs...because he learned to snip with the scissors. Yeah, I'm not taking my time.

But when I get there...I see a camera flash and see the kitchen table. My craft stuff is neatly stacked to the side, and there on the end is a stack of french toast, bowls of plain scrambled eggs and eggs scrambled with potatoes and bell peppers. A pot of coffee, juice, and syrup all lined up. The table is made; plates and silverware, napkins even.

A wonderful surprise. Breakfast, a cute card, and a new set of dishes. Very pleasing.

Here is a card that I learned how to make...the flower pot card. I got the instructions from Stephanie Luman. I used my Sizzix Daisy #2 Die...pretty cute. I sent this one to my mom. Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Angela Sulik said...

So pretty. I do love those awesome lovely large flowers you put in your pot.