Tuesday, May 5, 2009

For Tomorrow's Lunch...


Tomorrow I am having lunch with a girlfriend I have not seen for probably the better part of a year. We used to be great friends, going to dinner, eating lunch, planning her wedding, giggling at work. But once I left for my current job, and had my health issues...we kind of dripped and dragged on. Life happens. But, we met up not too long ago and talked, if ever so briefly, and want to stay in touch.
I am quite excited for our lunch. We have a lot to catch up on...it's been almost a year since she's been married and I'm sure life has changed completely for her.
I made her a card, hopefully to brighten up her desk at work...and to show her that I do have a bright, optimistic side (we do have a lot to catch up on...). I finally got to put my Stamping Bella order to use and pulled out the Agnes Ketto...so much FUN! I must say though, those Hero Art rhinestones are currently my most favorite accessory...although, they are quite hard to handle, especially for me (note to self Mom, use TWEEZERS!!). *Side Story* Mom and I have issues with our right hands...nerve damage. So, for the most part...it's kind of like we are working with mittens on. Quite funny, to picture it...but honestly, very frustrating. And sometimes, after stamping for a short time, very painful. Squeezing punches is an issue; tying bows? Virtually impossible. Cutting out images? Something might be missing from the original if you look closely...but still, we both enjoy crafting. Looking through our various catalogs and scouring blogs together while on the phone is like sitting right next to her, even though she is hundreds of miles away. I am so glad I finally got the hang of paper crafting.
Anywho, way off the map there...here's a picture of the card I made...hope you enjoy! I embossed images from Seeing Spots with clear embossing powder to create a decorative background...I don't have any bright colored DSP, yet!

Paper: Pink Passion, Glorious Green, YoYo Yellow and Lovely Lilac
Ink: Basic Black and Versa Mark
Stamps: Stamping Bella's Agnes Ketto ("hello" was part of a phrase from a lonely sentiment stamp with no label...), Seeing Spots
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Round Tab punch, Scallop Edge punch, Hero Arts Gemstones, Crystal Stickles and Blender Pens

No comments: