Sunday, May 10, 2009

Learning to Sew...



So a few months ago I ordered a Janome Sew Mini while it was on sale...and I even got free shipping (hello deal!)...and it's been sitting so sadly in its box since it came.

I have no experience with sewing machines...I sew by hand...needle and thread only, no feet, no peddle, no spindle or crazy sounds.

My friend Charmaine came over to try and teach me how to use this great piece of equipment. Mind you, I said try to teach me.

After much laughing and a few miss-steps...we started on our mission for the day.

Here is her zigzag stitch...


Here is my straight stitch, and then I learned how to go back...(thank goodness!)
Charmaine demanded that the next card I make her have sewing as an element...here's a sneak peak...

Ah, oh well. I will learn through practice and get better.

Here is a card I put together for my mom - I tried to use some elements from Flight of the Butterfly to draw out the stitching...but, I may be re-defining the wrong spot.
The point is, my little sewing machine is no longer in the box...but sitting on the kitchen table...surrounded by paper and other embellishments...WATCH OUT!! I do promise to improve!
Flight of the Butterfly

No comments: