Sunday, March 1, 2009

March's Paper Craft Challenge

Today is March 1st, at least for the next hour and twenty eight minutes at least. I know, I'm up late for a school night.

But, I've been busy thinking and planning for the challenge that my mom and I put together. And now that there is a third member, Bonnie, and I'm a little nervous. I know that I'm just learning and starting out, however, I want people to be impressed with me (who doesn't?). So, I found this great blog through a fellow Cafe Mom member, Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. She has a bunch of YouTube videos that are great instructionals. And beautiful projects. I also checked out another blog ran by Stacey King. She has got to be the paper punch queen!

Anyway, since this is March, our paper craft theme is Flowers. Anything flowers. Cards, 3-D project, an alterable, a scrapbook layout, whatever the mind comes up with. And there is no limit to the medium: rubber, die cut, ink, whatever is handy at the moment.

I'm half way done with my first project. Mind you, half way means that since there are three of us (Mom, Bonnie, and of course myself), I have finished one complete, and half way finished a second of the first. I also got a great idea from Stacey's blog (Rebel Inker) and am going to try my hand at that. Should be interesting. Hopefully this will be a slow, easy week, and I can get some real work done. But, being that this week is my 10 year (HOLY COW!!) anniversary, I doubt it.

Will post pictures of the challenge as soon as the projects are received, which should be by the last week of the month. Exciting!!

No comments: