Sunday, March 8, 2009

I am now a Demonstrator!

After scraping and saving, stressing and bean counting, I am now a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator! Yahoo!!

It was actually a gift, and so I'm quite surprised. My personal goal has been to become debt free, so I am a little worried about continuing on my journey as well as meeting my obligations as a demonstrator.

But then again, I'm excited. Excited in learning new techniques, meeting new people, and creatively producing.

My first attempt at stamping actually just barely happened in September of last year. I joined a little club of women who got together once a month for about two hours to stamp and make cards and other 3-d crafts.

I had fun. Finally getting together with other women, talking, and creatively expressing myself.

I must admit, I must have seemed pretty pathetic and had a million silly questions, but honestly, I've had a great time. My kids enjoy the projects we made, I enjoyed the time sitting at the kitchen table with them, watching them work out their little thoughts on to paper, beaming with pride, ear to ear smiles - how I will treasure those memories because let us not forget how fast our babies grow.

Now, my first group I joined is over, and I was debating about joining again. With the way the economy is, the constant job loss risk, would it be fair to continue into such a potentially expensive hobby? Per DH, as long as I'm happy, saving money still, paying off my debt, and enjoying myself, go ahead. Just don't go overboard. What??!?!?! What is that supposed to mean?

No, really, I will try to behave myself. But I look forward to learning and sharing with you. Contact me if you would like information on Stampin' Up, or on anything, really. Who's to say your question won't lead to the next greatest idea?

No comments: