Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stampin' Up

Okay, so I know it is against my "save every penny" philosophy. I joined Stampin' Up, just as a card maker/stamper. I figure with all of the money that I am saving with my freebies and coupons...I have built a small stash for my "spending" fund...I figure as long as I'm good about it, don't go too crazy...it's worth it. Besides, I never get out. I'm always stuck in the house so now I will have a couple of friends to meet with, and a hobby to keep me busy.





On Saturday I went and met with my local Stampin' Up demonstrator, Tina, and got together with a few other girls, and stamped fifteen cards. I learned how to put some cute things together and had some nice "grown up" conversations with other mothers. Ah, to finally discuss with someone the process of getting baby puke out of your hair or off the shoulder of your suit...lovely.

I can't wait for the next meeting, which is a Birthday Bash. I have volunteered to make cupcakes, we get a birthday stamp set, and we get to make about 10 cards. The thing that is really cool, our supplies are already there and ready for us. Which, after considering my own "at home" project, I have realized is a project in itself. You have to find coordinating cardstock, paper and ink, you have to cut out all of the paper and ribbon, organize it in sets (Tina set it up for three cards per package/idea), find coordinating punches and stamps, figure out different techniques and the tools for each look, organize it per bin, and then be prepared for hectic-ness!

So much fun! I have never done stuff like this before. Now that I have my creative juices going, I'm going to attempt to make some last minute note cards for DD's Fall Harvest carnival basket. Will post pictures of my disaster/masterpiece later.

No comments: