Saturday, August 2, 2008

She Eloped!

A friend of mine ran away to get married today. She actually left on Wednesday night. And if I remember right, she and her beau were to be married this evening, at sunset.

I laugh to think about it, running away to get married. Her parents know, and I know. Everyone else will find out when the newlyweds get back. She wanted something private and simple. I completely understand. Because that is what marriage is: nothing else matters except for you and your spouse. Who cares what anyone else says or does. Concentrate on eachother. It is from this moment on, you two together against the world. Join hands and go!

I am happy for her, excited for her. I know to some it doesn't mean a lot, especially for those who only live together. But, it is a big deal. It is a huge committment and despite all the drama and troubles that are so frequently whined about, it can be great.

I wish you the best, my friend. I can't wait for you to get back to see the ring he designed. I hope all your dreams of the past and those to come do come true, and, I hope that this week (and next, lucky you!!) are as relaxing and re-energizing as you have hoped.

Congratulations!

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Awww...you wrote about me! I was just catching up on your blog and hadn't realized it had been so long since I'd visited. Then I saw you wrote about our wedding...thank you for your kind thoughts...you are one of a kind and I'm glad to call you my friend :)

C