Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pet Owners - Beware!!

For those of you who know me - you know I'm a pet lover. Not so much cats, they're just too darn independent and sassy, I guess too much like me. However, I believe in protecting and loving every creature. You should also know that I have my own four legged furry children, one with a drooling problem and another one who, if human, would definitely be diagnosed with some form of ADHD or something.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you the CHAI story - which was forwarded to me by a very good friend who spends her free time rescuing animals. Chai is a 10 year old lab mix, a picture of him further down the blog shows a very happy, inquisitive looking fellow with much love to share. Apparently he got a hold of a toy called the Pimple Ball created by Four Paws, which, when chewed on, created a vacuum in his mouth. This vacuum trapped his tongue and has now caused horrible, permanent damage.

I urge you to check out Chai's story. Read the blog. Do your research about the items you buy for your pets. And if you have this item, please return it to Four Paws and request a refund immediately.

The sad part of this story, Chai is not the only dog to suffer from this product. Others have responded Chai's owner, informing of similar incidents since 2005!! Poor Chai's suffering could have been prevented! So, check the toy bin, or where ever your furry friend stashes their toys, and make sure none of them are dangerous!

No comments: