Saturday, August 2, 2008

Click-To-Donate Charities

I am a firm believer in donating to charities and supporting certain causes. I have specific charities that I donate to on a monthly basis, some I donate to annually as the money is available. I do know, however, that sometimes money isn't there to donate but the heart still craves to give. So I did some research and found a few "Click-to-Donate" charities.

The first one I found is called Free Rice. It is sponsored through the UN World Food Program. It isn't as easy as your typical "click-to-donate", you have to find a word that correctly reflects the definition of the main word. For every word you get correct, the UN World Food Program will donate 20 grains of rice. Big deal, right? Yes, you're right. It is a big deal. Remember that rice doubles in size, and for those who have nothing, 20 grains means EVERYTHING. So pull out your thesaurus and start expanding your vocabulary!

These links below are actually a grouping from the same site. I've posted easy clicks on the side bar for you to click on - that way you won't have to search for this posting. I'm only posting a few that I hold close; by no means does this mean that I don't support the others.









This link is to Care2. It is another website with a group of charities all centrally located. I like it because it has various charities you can "click-to-donate" but it also has ideas for you to consider on other ways you can help out.

I know that many people have the attitude and belief that they are only one and a tiny voice. But, as I have learned the hard way: one ant is connected to MANY and together they can destroy my kitchen. So band up! Together we can make a difference.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." The Way of Lao-tzu

No comments: