Thursday, October 23, 2008

All You

I must tell you about my latest new find. All You. It's a magazine sold at Wal*Mart. It's great! It has tons of coupons, recipes, cheap ways to organize, beautify, dress and eat. I love it. It's a lot of everything.


This month's issue is packed with coupons like Dove Cream Oil Body Lotion, Total Cinnamon Crunch, Halls, Cottonelle Toilet Paper, a ton of deals. It also has recipes for the holidays: gingerbread, baked sweet potatoes, and cranberry coolers are just a few. And there is a great article on the importance of self-checks and mammograms, how to install a dimmer switch, and how to create your own holiday crafts.

I like this magazine for a few reasons: (1) it's cheap - $1.99 an issue; it has everything I could ask for (recipes, health and beauty, some stuff for the house, some stuff for my kids); and three - it incorporates realty. Sure, while some of my magazines rave about that $300 name brand purse and those $500 shoes that are soooooooo this season, and I must admit, they are all utterly perfect and cute and I would absolutely love to feel calfskin leather against my calves, or geez, even over my shoulder, I'm a mama on a budget and the only thing I'm feeling on my legs is my gym socks protecting my legs from the chaffing of the pleather my boots are sure to give. Ahhhh...such is life.

But really, there are reviews on what the best eye makeup at the dollar store is, where the best REALISTIC bargains are...and easy recipes for those of YOU who aren't Martha Stewart or Betty Crocker - me, on the other hand, yo soy Betty la Cocinera!

So go, get it at Wal*Mart, or better yet, order it through one of the magazine offers through MyPoints and build up your stash of gift cards - the season of giving is only a few weeks a way and those of us on a budget know best that planning for the future is the best way to stretch your dollars!

No comments: