Sunday, September 11, 2011

Get Well Soon!!

A co-worker's granddaughter fell off a swing and fractured her wrist the afternoon of her first day of kindergarten. 

How heart-breaking!! 

I remember my little girl on her first day of kindergarten - she wanted to wear a pony tail because everyone said she looked "so big" with a pony tail compared to her pig tails.  I remember how excited she was before school started - her "pack pack" with her brand new box of crayons, a notebook, and a zippered pouch with a few pencils and an eraser; her Unicorn lunch box with a note from me; her contagious excitement and giddy chatter about all of the new friends she was going to make and how she couldn't wait to show her teacher that she could write her whole name!  I can't imagine her excitement being cut short because of a broken bone or having her miss something she had been looking forward to for so long.

So I made my co-worker a card to send to her dear grandbaby, and threw in a Build-A-Bear Color-Me Card Kit.  I used a card sketch from clean@simple (FTL156) to help with the layout.

Hope she gets well soon!


Stamps:  Wellness Wishes
Ink:  Basic Black, Blush Blossom
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Peach Parfait, Old Olive, Whisper White and Big Top Birthday DSP
Accessories: Real Red Satin Ribbon, 3/16" Corner Punch

No comments: