Sunday, November 29, 2009

For Kathy and Bob

My friend Kathy is stressed. And that is putting it nicely. Not even nicely. That's just the tip of the iceburg for her. She is struggling with family issues, with caring for her parents, with living life...but she manages to put a smile on her face, to help make my bad days shine, and she always is willing to listen.

Or, she pretends to listen and nods at all the right places...

Her husband had a stroke when my little one was out ill. I wasn't able to be there for her the way that she is always there for me. The moment that I returned to work, I ran to her desk and hugged her. Because sometimes, there are no words to convey all that your heart wants to say. Bob is getting better. They hospitalized him and he had numerous strokes while there. Fortunately, there is no permanent damage that the doctors can find. He is slowly coming around to returning to his spitfire self. He has trouble remembering how to do some things, but all in all, he is healing and recovering.

I made this card for them, to let them know that I was thinking and praying for them...

Stamp Set: God's Beauty, Trendy Trees
Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Circle Scissors Plus, White Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

No comments: