Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Christmas Card of 2009

Oh how I want to go shopping!

I want to run to the mall, buy clothes and makeup, pretzels and a coffee! I want to shop for my family! I want to shop for my friends! I want to walk down the hall swinging bags of fun new stuff. I want to push past other people, all spending money and happy with their family and friends. I want to look at boots and sweaters, search for video games and size tags! I want to shop and shop and shop!

But I can't. I must remain strong in these times, where all the television ads are clawing at my wallet. These times that cause sales to pop into my e-mail and tempt me to spend spend spend. I must remain strong. I must remember my budget. I must remember that I have an ultimate goal.

I must not say "This SUCKS".

In order to remove myself from all of society's temptations, I decided to finally work on some Christmas cards. Okay, really I just made one, in duplicate.


Stamps: Season of Joy
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Ink: Versa Mark, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, and Ruby Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, 1/2" Circle Punch, White Embossing Powder, Chocolate Chip Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

I must give credit to this card on Splitcoaststampers, it caught my eye as I was looking for inspiration. A true beauty...

No comments: