Thursday, February 19, 2009

Got a New Laptop and Have Been Updating!

I just got my new laptop - I ordered it last week while it was on sale through Office Max. Since it was such a good deal, I had to get a rain check. It came in yesterday...so DH picked it up while I was having another procedure. I have it all loaded up now, still need to get a program for my iPod, but that can wait. Thought I would post pictures of some of the cards that I have been working on.

This one was done for Christmas with the hostess stamp set that I just had to have...Window Dressing.


This one was done for the New Year (duh...). The background stamp is from Stampendous! and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Holidays & Wishes...another set that I had to have.







Here are a few birthday cards that I've made for co-workers and friends. I need to get my stash back up, hopefully now that I have a camera and a laptop, I will be more willing to craft and share. I used a my Cuttlebog embossing folders, my Cricut, and my nestabilities.


This is a card I made for my mom's husband, my step-dad. I've had this stamp set from Stampendous for a few months, just never had the inspiration to use it until I found the Shadow Box Card Tutorial, which was a little confusing but a lot of fun. I laugh now that I look at the picture, can you see that I took this picture at work? My keyboard, headphones, and date stamp are hiding in the background! Well, at least I got to look at something fun that day!










Also, since my Stampin' Up group is ending this month and I am really working on my debt, I've kind of lost interest, maybe crafting steam. In an attempt to keep my creative juices flowing, my mom and I have been doing monthly challenges. Last month, I challenged her to the Origami Box from Splitcoaststampers - you can go here for the instructions. You can see my box in the two top pictures. Of course, after receiving my mom's box is the obvious winner...I love the way she puts things together. I think if I would have taken more time to really think about the task, I could have done better. And of course, she shared some goodies with me, some foil confetti and brads. This month, her challenge to me was cupcakes.

I think I'm going to go and try to find some supplies to use to make mine the winner, she already sent me hers, won't post until I get mine out to her.

I'm glad I'm back, hopefully all has been well with you, you are prospering with the use of your coupons, and are making progress in life, love, and your wallets.

No comments: