Saturday, February 21, 2009

Commission Day

Today was the first day that DD and DS got paid their commissions. Fortunately for me, I included it in my budget so I did not go broke. DD collected $3.90 for the week (she had a potential of $5.00.) DS got paid $.40 - he claims that doing his "jobs" cause his bones to break. He had a potential of $3.00.

I don't give them a lot of tasks to complete; making their beds everyday, putting their laundry (dirty and clean) in the appropriate places, cleaning their rooms and keeping them clean, DD has to feed the dogs and she has to clean the hall bathroom once a week. Not bad. Plus, they get "bonuses" for doing anything extra: vaccuuming, dusting, sweeping, helping eachother study...DD tested DS on his Kindergarten Sheet, he's improving daily.

DD has already cleaned her room - good luck maintaining. She cleaned the bathroom, too. I am quite impressed with her. Now, if I can just get DS to do something...

No comments: