Thursday, July 17, 2008

Time Passed and A New Toy to Play With

I know it's been a couple of days. I took DD up north to a half-way mark to meet with my mom and brother - she is spending two weeks with her grandma and it was an emotion trap the week before she left.

I have never been a day without my kids. Sure, I work, and they have been in daycare since they were six weeks old, but still, never have I ever missed a night. And my daughter is my best friend. We talk about everything and share everything, and of course, I am always so proud of her.

So to have her gone, is horrible. I miss her terribly. I try to call her every couple of hours but I cannot wait to hold her in my arms again.

For compensation, my mother did buy me a new toy, to keep me busy while she enjoys my daughter. What is it? Something I found while searching one of my favorite blogs: The Couponizer!!!

It's such a great idea!! Basically, it's a coupon organizer. It's a great little binded pocket book that has pockets for my coupons, shopping lists, receipts, rebates, etc. It's so much fun! My coupons have been sitting in a shoe box and I was organizing them as I needed them, adding them into a little pocket organizer I bought in a $.99 bin - but it didn't hold much and I was constantly leaving coupons at home.

So, I got the Couponizer, the CoupStacker (a labeled mat for easy organization of my million coupons), 2 sets of coupon lists (to track my savings), 2 sets of shopping lists, a clear vinyl carrying case, a pair of scissors, a coupon instruction book, and a vinyl carrying bag with handles. I don't necessarily find it as comforting as my DD, it surely does not smell like her - strawberry with a hint of mint from her toothpaste. But, it did keep me busy for about two hours and DS had fun putting the coupons on the CouponStacker.

Check it out!! Hopefully you find it as enjoyable as I do.






No comments: