Sunday, October 25, 2009

CVS Trip

So CVS finally opened here. I've been waiting for over a year, waiting patiently after I saw that the permit to build had been approved, then continued to wait, as the building came up, interviews were held. I read up on how to use as little money as possible for as much as possible.

Today I went, my first real trip with coupons, money saving websites were scoured last night, my coupon binder was sifted through, and I wrote out my plan on a sheet of paper.

Here is what I bought:

4 Colgate Total Whitening - Regular Price : $3.49
CVS Deal: Buy 2 for $5.50
(Limit 4)
$1.00 ECB with purchase of 2
(Plus I had a coupon for $0.75 off)
1 Gilette Venus Embrace Razor - Regular Price: $13.99
CVS Deal: Buy 1 for $9.99
(Limit 1)
$5.00 ECB
(Plus I had a coupon for $2.00 off)
2 CVS Green Bag Tags
- Starting November 1st, they will give you $1.00 ECB with scanning (bring your own "green" bag") to be paid out at the end of the month
Total that I should have paid, before tax and card: $29.93
After I swiped my card: $22.97
But, I already had $12.00 ECBs from the Grand Opening Coupon ($10) and one prior ECB ($2), so after ECBs: $10.97
And after my $2.75 in coupons: $8.22
Plus - I got $7.00 in ECBs to be used towards my next trip.
Not bad for just learning. I can't wait to see what's out for next week!

No comments: