Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Marines!


Semper Fi and Happy Birthday!!

For those of you who don't know...today is the Marine Corps' Birthday. 233 years...starting off in a run down, low key place: Tun Tavern.

I called some of the people I served with, I said a prayer for those still serving, and for those up above still standing watch.

I know, I've been out for a little while. But there are some things that you never forget, some parts of your life that you can never put away.

My military experience was good and bad. I would hesitate to recommend it to just anyone...you have to have something about you, something that not many others have. And being a Marine, well, it's different. There is a pride, an attitude, and a bond that is, dare I say it? Thicker than water.

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day. If you have the day off go to the parade and support your troops. Stop off at the VA and say Thank You. Hold the door open for the one in the wheel chair to stubborn to ask for help. They deserve it. And each one of us on this piece of soil owes it to them. They may not have agreed with what their commanding officer told them to do, but they did it, they are doing it. And it's because of them, I get to do what I do.

So Happy Birthday Marines! And thank you, thank you for the most unselfish act, regardless of when or where you served.

No comments: