Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Days

Well, DH still doesn't have a job. Two months, ten days, and counting...

He is staying home with the kids...which is saving some money...however, I'm not too sure how the kids are doing.

My poor little boy, he's getting ready for Kindergarten...and according to him, he's "growed up" already. He fights to stay awake, refuses to take naps, and refuses to hold hands while walking. However, I came home from work and found him passed out in the hallway, his Pandy and Hot Wheels not far from where he dropped...

If he knew I laid there watching him, stroking his hair and listening to him breath, he would be so angry! Oh, how I love my little guy!

My daughter on the other hand, has taken to playing in the mud. While preparing to enter 5th grade, I assumed that she would become interested in woven friendship bracelets, lip gloss and nail polish; my favorite things in 5th grade were the Little House on the Prairie books, those woven friendship bracelets, and playing with my pet rabbit. Hers? Playing in the mud. Here's her latest masterpiece:
A Cookie Jar with Cookies.

How I wish I could be home with them to see what happens during the rest of the day!

No comments: