Monday, December 15, 2008

Robbery!

We've been robbed!

Perfect time of year, for the bad guys, too. Christmas, holidays...bringing in the new to get rid of the old.

They tore apart the house, clothes and food all over the place. They broke down the front door, they bent the Christmas tree and they ripped up the few gifts that were there.

They stole four game systems...2 laptops, my digital camera...my daughter's wallet, a collection of state quarters, some Susan B. Anthony's and the Sacajawea gold coins. Some stuff I use for my work, a purse, just about everything we use on a daily basis to either have a good time while stuck at home or to earn income.

Insurance deductible: $2,000.00. Cost of items stolen: I haven't even tallied everything because I'm still realizing stuff is missing. But apparently they deduct for what an item is worth at the current time. Can't wait to see how much they deduct...

Time to start new. Wish I had the opportunity to purge myself...at least get some form of compensation to start over in the positive. But starting over is starting over, and I've learned something new about how homeowners can protect themselves.

No comments: