Friday, December 19, 2008

One More Day until Vacation

So, it's Friday night and I'm typing this from DD's computer, which is about ten years old and SUPER SLOW. It seems to take forever for anything to appear on the monitor...what's the point of typing if the letters take about a second each to appear? But, the point is that I do have internet access, which, at this time, is a blessing.

I have decided to take next week off work. Quite excited. DH is taking the week off as well and it is the first vacation we have taken together in YEARS. Sad, but true. Not sure what we will be doing or where we are going since we are stuck due to weather to the south of us and to the north of us. But, we will be together. And that is what is most important.

This week at work I hosted a Cookie Exchange. Not too many people participated, but it still turned out. I copied all of the recipes and will be making little books for the participants. I think those of us who did participate enjoyed it. Hopefully next year we will have a bigger turn out.

This week was also the last week of official school until the new year. DS and I made goodie bags out the larger cellophane bags from Stampin' Up. Then we stamped some images and he punched them out with the 1 3/4 inch punch and the scallop circle punch. He loves the punches. DD and I worked off of an idea from Chic'N'Scratch and made Snowman Soup for her morning class and chocolate chip cookies. Of course, I stayed up until 11:30 doing all of this but it was well worth seeing all of the kids' eyes light up when they saw their goodies.

Will post pictures later...still trying to find all of the connectors to what remains of the belongings that didn't get stolen...which is still an ordea.

No comments: