Sunday, January 31, 2010

A New Hobby


First - YES. I know. It's been almost a month! But, I have been busy. VERY BUSY. Tied up in knots busy. Almost literally.

See that lovely picture??? It's of the mountains just to the east of my house. Right after it rained for a week. Long enough, and hard enough, that we didn't see the sun for almost that whole time. But, it washed away all the muck, cleansed the air, and left us with a beautiful Saturday morning view that makes you remember to be greatful for Heaven's Grace. Do you see the snow? The fresh green grass growing, the purple and blue of the depths of the mountains...the clouds, just passing through, scrubbing the air as they float on. Beautiful. Breathe deeply...

And, I finally started a new hobby. (Like I don't have enough already, right???) Crocheting is something I probably should not be doing. It hurts! My hands cramp, my arm hurts, but like all of my other projects, I get to see the outcome from all of my labor.


They are called Best Bunnies and the pattern is a free one found on the Lion Brand website. My son wanted an orange and green one, so I made his first. My first attempt at anything crochet! The little bugger took me two whole weeks to make, and on the 2nd week, I realized I was forgetting part of a stitch, so I unraveled it all and started over. And my daughter's quickly followed, I got it all done in a day and then took another day to stitch it together. I can tell the difference and that practice does lead to improvement. I have one more to make and then I'm off to make arm warmers and a scarf for my daughter. I have a list of patterns that I want to complete...should be interesting.

Also, I am half way through Financial Peace! I have paid off two credit cards and have been barreling into my third! I'm hoping that we do get our taxes done soon, and that we get money back. I'm not counting on anything right now, just trying to remain positive. I keep trying to tell myself not to count my chicks before they hatch, but I also remind myself that a person without goals achieves nothing. Good points to remember.

Well, off to make Get Well Soon and Valentine's cards! See you soon!

No comments: